Film Production Health & Safety
HSS Health & Safety Services offers a wealth of knowledge and experience to Directors, Producers and Location Management within the film industry to reduce the risk of injury, delays in production filming, prosecution and harm to reputation through poor media coverage.
It is a legal duty for each organisation to have available a “competent” health and safety person available to provide information as required to management to ensure a safe and healthy workplace.
It is also a legal duty to provide risk assessments and safe systems of work to ensure a safe place for film production. Management of film productions are responsible to assess the foreseeable risks (risk assessment) involved then provide control measures to eliminate, control and manage the residual risk. To ensure that the procedures during filming are as safe as possible a Method Statement is required. This provides a methodical step by step approach to how the production can be carried out in the safest manner. This methodology begins at concept right through to completion of the production.
HSS Health & Safety Services combine the risk assessment and method statement to form a RAMS document. Each production will have varied risks therefore it is necessary for each RAMS document to be written specifically to cover all aspects of health and safety. Our services also provide verbal and written guidance for support to film production management.
HSS Health & Safety Services have been involved with film production health & safety for many years and have developed a flexible & compliant set of documentation which is suitable for location filming around the world.
HSS Health & Safety Services have been involved with some major film productions such as James Bond Spectre, Star Wars, Doctor Strange (Marvel), Beauty & The Beast (Disney), Cinderella (Disney), Sherlock Holmes, Pirates of The Caribbean, Angels & Demons, Bourne 5 (Jason Bourne), Monument Men, Murder on the Orient Express etc. Documentation has been provided for the top film production studios in the UK, such as Pinewood, Shepperton & Longcross.
Harrison Ford was injured onset whilst filming the first reboot (No.7) instalment of the Star Wars movie franchise which then ended up costing the production company £2 million. To a smaller production this can be more damaging towards future events such as film release, problems hiring actors/actresses, insurance issues, etc.
By taking the right course of action most incidents can be avoided and by doing so making your business and productions run smoothly and more profitable. HSS Health & Safety Services offer this re-assurance and can provide your film production with the health & safety expertise needed.
HSS Health & Safety Services film production services include:
- Film Production Risk Assessment
- Film Production Method Statement
- Film Set / Location Health & Safety Inspections
- Film Production Onset Health & Safety
- Film Set Health & Safety Consultants
- Film Production Health & Safety Policies
- Health & Safety Training
- Film Production Pre-Start Health & Safety
- Film Production Set Dismantle / Removal Health & Safety
- Film Production Competent Contractor Selection
- Documentation for Induction, Incident Reporting etc.
- Advisory Service
By outsourcing health & safety to HSS Health & Safety Services the advantages are:
- Competent Health & Safety Personnel
- Cost Effective
- Independent Advice
- 24/7 Service
- Onsite Service Provides Support For Production Management
- Continuous Support & Liaison
- All efforts to reduce the risk onset with ever changing environments
- Professional Film Production Health & Safety Expert Advice & Services
- Reduced chance of delays due to Incidents occurring
- Reduced Insurance Fees
- Reduced Risk of Litigation & Prosecution from the Enforcing Body
Contact HSS Health & Safety Services on 01780 753773 to discuss how we can assist your film production and become one step closer to hiring the number one experts in film production health & safety.
Alternatively, email email@example.com